How to Get Better Open Rates on Emails
The average open rate on an email is between 15-28%, depending on your industry.
No matter what your business, you can improve email open rates with simple steps:
Concentrate on the subject line:
* Make it interesting and clear
* Then personalize it.
* Keep it short.
Emphasize content, not sales:
* "Tell, don't sell."
* Provide valuable content that helps your customers.
* Focus on relationship-building.
Segment your list:
* The more targeted the message, the higher the open rates.
* When you enroll subscribers, make sure to ask about specific interests.
Evaluate your list:
* Eliminate inactive subscribers
* Review bounced emails
Preview how your email looks on a mobile device. * 61% of people now open emails on mobile devices.
* Apple Iphone is the most often-used device for opening emails.
Determine the best time for sending:
* Tuesdays are the best days, then Fridays, Then Wednesdays.
* Evenings between 7:00 and 9:00 generate an open rate of 48%.
* Avoid sending on Monday, Saturday, or Monday.
Email is a powerful, cost-effective marketing tool. Make the most of it by making sure your emails have a great open rate.